World Malaria Day 2009
On April 25, 2009 the world celebrated the 2nd annual World Malaria Day to commemorate the global effort toward effective control and elimination of malaria. With less than two years to meet the United Nations Secretary-General’s 2010 targets for delivering effective and affordable malaria protection and treatment to all people at risk, the day's events showcased the massive scale-up campaigns currently underway and the success that many programs have achieved, demonstrated through their transition to malaria elimination.
Press Releases and Statements - April 24, 2009
- ExxonMobil Marks World Malaria Day with $1 Million Grant to the President's Malaria Initiative
- Counting Down to 2010: Global Action Boosts Access to Malaria Prevention and Treatment and Drives Momentum for Elimination
Articles and Commentary
Can malaria deaths be eradicated by 2015?
Anouk Lorie, CNNhealth.com, Friday, April 24, 2009
Combating Malaria - Financial Times (London) Special Report
Friday, April 24, 2009
Op-ed by Peter Chernin, Wall Street Journal Online, Friday, April 24, 2009
Press Events - April 24, 2009: Geneva, Switzerland
- Counting Malaria Out - Roll Back Malaria Secretariat
- World Malaria Day 2009 - Malaria Civil Society Organizations
- World Malaria Day “Mauvais Air” Photo Exhibit - London